Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tonya and Kids Visit


Tonya and the kids flew in from Texas Monday night. We are lucky to spend some time with them and have them stay the night with us. I introduced Tonya to a little bit of freedom when I mentioned that her and I should go out to lunch at Costa Vida and leave the children home. We were the only patrons in the whole restaurant. By 11:00am I am hungry, especially when I forget to eat breakfast (which almost never happens but did that day).

Then we came home and feed the children and then we snuck out again for an hour. Porter was sure happy to earn a little babysitting money - and everyone was safe and happy once again!

Last night after dinner, the kids watched a movie while us adults played a few rounds of Monopoly Deal. Tonya and I braved Albertsons with all the children because she let them each pick out $1 worth of candy for the movie. Then Paul taught us how to play the game "Smurfing". It was a fun late night!

This morning Tonya and Ashlee went to get their hair cut and I took the boys swimming at the YMCA. Tonya was reluctant to let me take them but I promised that they would be safe and that I would give them my full attention. All the kids had fun and we made it home happy and well.

After lunch, Tonya asked what close we could organize! She loves to clean, dejunk, and organize. So I took her up on that offer and we tackled the girls bedroom and closet, which seems to need a deep clean every three weeks. It looks great now and feels good - I don't like knowing that closets are messy. Thanks Tonya for the help and extra push!

Porter has had a great time playing with Jesse and Jaren. They have pulled out the legos, the i-coaster, and the matchbox cars. Meanwhile Olivia and Vivian have been sharing Ashlee and loving all this cousin time.


We had dinner at Souper Salad. The kids loved choosing their own foods and filled up on icecream at then end - Olivia topped everyone with 5 servings!

I need to get a picture of Tonya and me - people can always tell that we are sisters and fiesty ones at that!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

How great! Nothing like sisters. Love the pictures of the kids -- especially those bottom ones.

Tara said...

Lots of fun! Glad you guys were able to sneek away a little bit and have adult time.