
I was home a couple weeks ago when I was telling my mother of all our summer plans. She was disappointed that we weren't taking the kids camping. Oh, I don't really like to camp or at least haven't in the past. She insisted that my kids need that opportunity. (We have taken them camping - it's just very rare).
I said, "Mom, my kids think camping is when you stay in a hotel room." She didn't like that answer and kept pestering me about this NEED to camp. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if we had 1) room in our van for all the stuff camping requires (we don't have a trailer), 2) if we had a pop up trailer with heat and electricity and protection from the rain, 3) if we didn't camp by noisy neighbors, 4) if I felt totally safe from animals and crazy people - come on, there is no lock, just a zipper... and the list continues!
Besides all of my reasons I decided to cancel our hotel accommodations because it was $320 for just two nights in West Yellowstone and camp in a tent at the KOA campground for $80 (40/ night). I still think $40 a night is a rip off for a piece of ground for a tent - don't you? Anyways, this campground is the gathering place for our family reunion. At least it has a swimming pool!
I guess my mom can be proud of me now! It won't be too bad because the reunion organizers are preparing all of the meals, except one. I don't have to haul up cooking equipment - which is a life saver!
We are in for some camping fun this summer!



3 comments:
You are my hero! I don't camp unless it's the Howard Johnsons on the edge of Yellowstone. I'd send Matt and the kids on the camping adventure and I'd get the hotel room!
I'm curious how your camping trip will go. :)
I hope you enjoy your experience! I like the new title of your blog too.
Post a Comment