Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mom, I Tried to Tell You

I am trying to catch up from last weekend's traveling and packed days. Monday I answered a phone call that I thought would be a short call, but it ended up being a longer call. While I was on the phone, I had to get the kids in the car and drive to the YMCA. I dropped off the kids on the curb so they could easily get to the Youth Activity Center (YAC) while I parked. I was distracted when I saw my sister, Tisha, also arriving at the same time.

For a moment, I had a strange feeling that I had forgotten a child. But I dismissed the thought, thinking that I saw all three of them hustle inside the building. So I parked and then went upstairs to workout for 25 minutes before their swim lessons. As I picked them up from the YAC, I asked where Olivia was. The workers said they had not seen her today. It was then that Vivian told me that I had forgotten Olivia and had left her home! What? Why didn't you tell me? Vivian told me that she tried to get my attention but that I was on the phone.

I have never done that before....luckily she was home safe with Corbin. I quickly called her on the phone to make sure she was okay. I dropped off the others for swim lessons and told Olivia's teacher what had happened...I'm sure they had a good laugh at me. Then I exercised during their lessons for another 25 minutes. I had to chuckle at myself...wow, I can't believe that I did that! At least she was at home safe - I think it was a wake up call to both of us.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I could have so easily done that...

Fun times said...

My aunt left me at church one time when I was 5 and I turned out ok...for the most part :)