Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Know I am Doing God's Work



This is a good reminder to all of us moms of our important role - I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are doing God's work!

Amen to Suzanne's comment! Now that my youngest will be in first grade many wonder what I will do with my time. I will continue doing what I am doing! I remember a Mother's Day program that touched my heart. One lady spoke about working during her motherhood years (not out of necessity) and that she gave her best years to something else besides her children. She had tears of regret.

I love the words that we are taught in the Family Proclamation to the World, "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed."

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I saw that one! I've lived two lives. One doing a beloved job outside the home and one inside. Both were good and I'm grateful, but the one that brings tears to my eyes (Sometimes in frustration --OOPS)is the blessing I enjoy today. My big boy and I were sharing a private moment last night and he whispers, "Sure love you, Mom." No paycheck or performance could come within light years of that moment.

Tiffani said...

Amen Suzanne! Now that my youngest will be in first grade many wonder what I will do with my time. I will continue doing what I am doing! I remember a Mother's Day program that touched my heart. One lady spoke about working during her motherhood years (not out of necessity) and that she gave her best years to something else besides her children. She had tears of regret.

April said...

Thanks for posting this Tiffani. I really needed to watch this today. Especially with all the sleepless nights I've been having lately- I feel so overwhelmed...

but at least I'm not engorged anymore- and the weather is nice...and my girls are so fun- I'm grateful Chay is around (even though he is a little moody) and I'm a part of a wonderful ward- oh that perfect brightness of hope only Christ can provide...