Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gourmet Cupcakes Galore


I found out about this cupcake cookbook one day as I was discovering new blogs. Wendy has a great blog called "There's Always a Reason to Bake" - click here. On her blog she has a lot of great everyday recipes and some new cupcake recipes that I didn't see in her new book.


Yesterday I baked three cupcake flavors, including: Choc. Chip Cooke Dough, Double Fudge, and Rocky Road. All of the recipes begin with a cake mix (so they are super fast and easy). Since these all used a chocolate cake mix, I was able to split each recipe into thirds! I must be craving these because normally I don't bake when it's in the high 90's.

Here they are with Rocky Road (on front row) followed by Cookie Dough topped with Cool Whip and chopped chocolate chips, and Double Fudge (no icing needed because it is full of chocolate and cream)!

I want to try several more delicious sounding flavors - Banana Cream Pie, Banana Foster, Key Lime Pie (Paul votes for this one next), Pina Colada, Pink Lemonade, Sour Cream Blueberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Cookies and Cream Dream, Slippery Butterfingers, and Root Beer Float (there are many more to choose from, I didn't write down the whole book).

I think it would be fun to have a Gourmet Cupcake exchange! We each bring 12 cupcakes and then go home with 12 new ones to try!

What do you think?


Sign up if you are interested, so far we have:
1 - Marne
2 - Tisha
3 - Me
4 - Emily R.
5 - You?
6 - You?
7 - You?
8 - You?
9 - You?
10 - You?
11 - You?
12 - You?

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I gained 10 pounds just looking at the pictures. There is one really good reason to bake -- EAT!

The Cook Book said...

Whenever you make the pina colada one you are commanded to save me one!!! I must try!!!! Looks awesome, what a fun and good idea!!!

Tiffani said...

Suzanne and Cookbook would you like to be part of the cupcake exchange?

Tisha Lou said...

those look great! I am looking forward to the cupcake exchange! that will be fun!

Emily said...

Mmmmm.... Those look so good! You're going to have to count me in for the cupcake exchange. Not that I need the calories...