Friday, July 16, 2010

Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert

On Saturday, July 17, at 7:00 p.m., there will be an Internet broadcast of the Pioneer Day Commemoration Concert, featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square (click here for more info).

I will be lucky enough to watch this performance live in person tonight! I know my heart will be touched. After participating in two different Stake Treks to Martins Cove, I have even a greater appreciation for the pioneers. They had great faith and courage to sacrifice everything, even their lives if necessary to trek west and gather in Zion.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

After Lydia's birth, my folks sent me a PBS special on Martin's cove (I watch lots of movies at night while nursing to stay awake.). As the commentator spoke of the high mortality rate among young men -- more than babies or the elderly, because these men were literally giving their lives for their families. I looked over at my Honey finally asleep with work the next day and realized good men in the gospel are still made of the same stuff. Enjoy the concert!